WBTDC Kalimpong Tourist Lodge - Kalimpong - West Bengal
1800 /NIGHT Book
Address : Kalimpong Tourist Lodge (Morgan House), P.O. : Kalimpong,Dist. : Darjeeling,Pin : 734301
There are many places of interest in Kalimpong such as Durpin Dara Monastery, Orchid Nurseries, Dr. Graham's Home, Thongsey Gompa, Deolo hills.
Nearby excursion points are Lava(32kms), Lolegaon(54kms), Rishyap(2km).
A beautiful hill town in North Bengal which can be reached from either Siliguri or Darjeeling. KALIMPONG – means king’s minister’s strong hold – a Bhutanese word. It is also called Kalimpong in local dialect meaning "black spur". As per Lepchas, Kalimpong means ‘ridge where we play’. It is said that these local tribesmen used to organize field sports while not engaged in agricultural pursuit – hence the name.
Situated at an altitude of 1250 meters, it enjoys temperate climate throughout the year. Somewhat secluded and tucked away in the corner under the big Darjeeling umbrella, Kalimpong offers a quiet and relaxed holiday, against the backdrop of the Kanchenjunga.
The journey from Darjeeling to Kalimpong is a beautiful experience. The road drops from Ghoom 7407ft. to Teesta Bazar 700 ft in 12 km and passes through lush green forests and tea gardens. A place called the Viewpoint or ‘Lovers Meet’, offers excellent view of the confluence of the Rangeet and the Teesta rivers, as also of the Himalayan mountain range from Durpindara summit. Kalimpong’s attractions include three Buddhist monasteries, orchid nurseries, a sericulture centre and Dr. Graham’s Home, a large sprawling school set up in 1900 for educating the children of tea workers.
- Conference Hall
- Credit Card Accepted
Room Details :
- Small Double Bedded Room
- Standard Double Bedded Room
- Large Double Bedded Room
- Deluxe Double Bedded Room
Cancellation Policy :
* More than clear 16 days - 20%
* Between Clear 08 days and clear 15 days - 40%
* Between Clear 04 days and clear 7 days -80%
* Less than clear 3 days no refund
'* 'Clear Days '' - means that the date of occupation and the date of cancellation would not conducted moreover, SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS would not be exclude for calculation of cancellation charges for part
cancellation , normal refund rule will be charges as per rules.
* Refund admissible only upon production of the original reservation ticket.
* Refund Admissible for '' Hollong Tourist Lodge''
* For Refund through credit card 5% bank charges applicable'.
* 5% Service Charge ,5% Luxury Tax & 9% Service Tax will be applicable on room rate and on direct payment.
* Extra Pax / Mattress will be charge extra + Tax per night per head and on direct payment.