Guwahati, the biggest city of Assam, is
treated as The Gateway to the Northeast India and the most important
destination in the entire Northeast. Located on the bank of the
Brahamaputra river, it is the largest commercial, industrial and
educational center of the region.
From outside, Guwahati is easily accessible by air, rail & road.
Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport is a modern airport and most
airlines have daily flights from all metros across India.
Basic Information :
- Latitude : 26 Degrees 10 Minutes 45
- Longitude : 91 Degrees 45 Minutes 0
- Altitude : 55m above sea level
Corporation Area :
- 216.79 sq. km.
- 313.00 sq. km including river (ARSAC)
Population - (1991) :
- Total : 5,84,342
- Male : 3,27,725
- Female : 2,56,617
- Population Denisty : 2695.43 per sq
- Average Annual Rainfall : 1600 mm
- Min. & Max temperture : 6 Degree -
38 Degree C
- Relative Humidity : 76.6 percent.
- No. of wards : 60.
- Black Topped Road : 218km (ARSAC).
- Airport : Lokopriya Gopinath