Redang Island - Malaysia
The islands of the Redang Archipelago are Malaysia's gems in the South China Sea. It comprises Pulau Redang, Pulau Pinang, Pulau Ling, Pulau Ekor Tebu, Pulau Kerengga Besar, Pulau Kerengga Kechil, Pulau Paku Besar, Pulau Paku Kechil and Pulau Lima. Most of the islands remain inhabited.
White sandy beaches, crystal clear blue sea, brilliant underwater world... Redang archipelago comprises 9 islands (Lima Island, Paku Besar Island, Paku Kecil Island, Kerengga Besar Island, Kerengga Kecil Island, Ekor Tebu Island, Ling Island, Pinang Island and the main Redang Island) that abound with marvelous marine fishes, turtles and coral reefs that ensure great snorkelling and scuba-diving. Ping Anchorage package tours from camping to luxury beach resort, the choice - is always yours !
Located 50 km from the mainland and a less than an hour boat ride from the Merang Jetty, the archipelago is surrounded by crystal clear waters, pearly white shores, a colorful array of spectacular marine life, a breathtaking sunset, and what could be the world's most mature coral garden.
· By Air : From Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (Skypark Terminal, Subang) to Redang Island Airport - 55 minutes From Singapore Changi Airport (Singapore) to Redang Island Airport - 40 minutes
· By Road : From Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu (Shahbandar Ferry Terminal) - 8 hours
· By Sea : From Kuala Terengganu (Shahbandar Ferry Terminal) to Redang Island jetty) - 1 hour 30 minutes
Things To Do : Terengganu is a gifted land with endless activities offers to the visitors. When you are in Terengganu, mountain is never merely a place with all kinds of sky scraping trees whereas island is no more a place just to have fun with fishes in the water. You can swim while in the jungle or climb a mountain while others soaking in the ocean.
· 4WD Adventure : The rugged terrain, lush rain forests and mountainous landscape in east coast has provided a challenging condition for the off-road driving activity. Here, the Kenyir Lake, Kuala Berang, Sungai Loh and Sungai Kelamin areas are great spots for this adventure in Terengganu.
· Canoeing and Kayaking : If rafting is not your game, perhaps canoeing or kayaking will be your choice. Lake Kenyir, the islands offshore, even some big rivers such as Sungai Terengganu are the common places to have fun with these activities
· Fishing or Angling : It is always the gateway and exit for the angling enthusiasts to find themselves in Terengganu. There are not only places to go for sea angling but also freshwater angling.
· Golfing in Terengganu: Walk through our countryside splendour and play golf in the orchid garden..... stop at the oasis of petroleum and search for the gem of the east..... Enjoy golf in the open playground and relax on beachside golf at its best .
· Jungle Trekking & Camping : To trek in the lush forest in Terengganu is an extremely pleasure experience. Nearly 60% of the state is still covered by tropical rainforest, spread mainly in the interior and obviously this has prepared an excellent ready made platform for trekking or camping lovers.
· Mountain Biking : Cycling was once the pass time activity for kampong boys besides catching fish in the river, fighting spider among the fellows or climbing up the tree for mangoes. That was before the introduction of satellite channels and computer game to a simple village. Nobody in those days anticipated that cycling will become a recreation and adventure activity, more over, an international tournament in the modern days.
· Mountain Climbing : Climbing mountain is a pleasant experience in Terengganu simply because most of the mountains in this area are covered by thick tropical rainforest with rich vegetation in addition to the significant diverse of temperature between lowland and mountain area that creates a mossy and misty scenery in the forest.
· Rafting or Bamboo Rafting ; Perhaps rafting in Terengganu is not known to many people, indeed it has many rivers that are suitable for rafting activities, the best known are Sungai Terengganu, Sungai Marang, Sungai Dungun, etc.River rafting is definitely as interesting as other activities eg. snorkeling or mountain climbing.
· Diving and snorkeling : You can never miss the chance to dive or snorkel in the clear blue ocean of South China Sea when you are here in Terengganu. Colourful creatures lay underneath the water and fishes playing around are an irresistible temptation for whoever pampering themselves with a holiday in any of the islands or beaches. There are 11 Marine Park in the state, after the monsoon wind turns its steering to other sites of the world, the marine parks will be overwhelmed by visitors from all over the country and the world. Day trips or package tours are always available, check with your agent for the packages.
Suggested Accommodation :
The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort , Redang Bay Resort & Laguna Redang Island Resort