Bangalore airport is situated at Airport Road. The airport is operating daily flight load of around 45 flights of Jet Air, Indian Airlines, Sahara Airlines and Gujarat Airways for all the major sectors of India and Air India and Indian Airlines for the international sectors. The airport is within city limits.
The airport is divided in to two terminals. Terminal I contain the Departure lounge for the Domestic Flights and Terminal II is for Arrival of Domestic Flights and International section for the Departure and Arrival of International flights.
It is quite well maintained with 3 conveyer belts and a counter of Kids Kemp Department Store who welcomes every visitors with a rose and a smiling face. Outside the arrival hall the Counters for Transport are available.
How To Get From The Airport
You can book the taxi from prepaid taxi counter of KSTDC counter which operates 24 hours round the clock for passengers arriving from Arrivals Domestic / International. The counter is situated at Terminal II where arrival of flights is situated.
The KSTDC people provide point to point taxi services for the various destinations of the Bangalore City, which you would like to travel.
The rates are for non-ac cars and are applicable for 24 hours round the clock. The available cars are ambassador/Maruti Van/Maruti Esteem.(can carry 4 passengers). Tata Sumos are also available which can carry more than 4 passengers.
Luggage charges extra.
Amenities at the Airport - At Terminal I-Departure Lounge-Ground Floor
- Post Office for Postal Services.
- STD / ISD Booths.
- Indian Airlines counters including Tele Checking/ without Luggage and for Executive class.
- Airlines offices for Ticket Confirmation and Enquiry: Indian Airlines/Sahara/Jet Airways/Gujarat Airways
- Meenu-The Exclusive Shop- for saris/ Paintings etc
- Sankar's the Book People-Books and periodicals for General, Travel and of international authors.
- Cauvery Arts & Crafts-Govt. of Karnataka for Ties/Handicrafts and general things
- Waiting and seating area for passengers
- Well maintained Public address system on the 1st floor. For any of your message addressing contact airport manager on the ground floor office
International Departures & Arrivals
The main flights operates are Indian Airlines and Air India. The Departure area contains Elevators to take the luggage to the Indian Airlines/Air-India Counters. It also has Child Welfare Room. The security section is well maintained with cushioned chairs. Small refreshment counter and foreign exchange service counter are also available.
The arrival area contains of Immigration/Customs/Baggage Conveyor Belts and trolleys.